[SmartcardServices-Users] Warning: ccid-driver removed by cyberJack Driver V3.4

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 04:36:33 PDT 2009

2009/9/1 Chris Hauser <chris at cat-box.de>:
> Hello.

Hello,

> Today I've installed the final Driver-Update (3.4) from ReinerSCT for
> their cyberJack Cardreader Series.
> <http://support.reiner-sct.de/downloads/cyberJack_Installer_3.4.dmg>
>
> The Surprise: All other Cardterminals were dead after Installation.
>
> The ReinerSCT-Installer removes the ifd-ccid.bundle of the Mac OS X
> System without a word. No Note, no warning, nothing.

I guess you have reported the problem to ReinerSCT, have you?

I think they do this because the ifd-ccid also have support for the
Reiner-SCT cyberJack pinpad. I removed support of this reader on
Reiner request. See [1].

A better solution would be to remove support of the Reiner reader from
the ifd-ccid Info.plist but that is a bit more complex to code.

Bye

[1] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pcsclite-cvs-commit/2009-March/003586.html

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau