[SmartcardServices-Users] Problem with pcscd and GD card

Francis Augusto Medeiros francis at mgate.com.br
Thu Apr 1 19:31:23 PDT 2010

Hi there folks,

I have a Gemalto PCTwin usb smartcard reader, which I intended to use with
my GD smartcard.

My CA sent me a middleware called SafeSign 3.0, so I could use my smartcard
on the Mac. Unfortunately, it just works with Firefox. I wanted something
that would work with Keychain and standard Mac apps.

So I asked them if they had TokenLounge, which is AET's tokend for Mac. They
sent me something else, called Safenet Borderless Security PK for Mac. It
didn't work on my Mac 10.6.3 install, and precluded my newer SafeSign to
work. So I uninstalled it.

Now my card can't be read on my Mac! I tested it under Windows and on
another mac, and it works there. So, doing some research, I found out that
my pcscd is not running, and I can't make it run.

When I try to run it typing pcscd -f, I get this:
User signal 2

And when typing sudo pcscd -df
I get this:

/SourceCache/SmartCardServices/SmartCardServices-36160/src/PCSC/debuglog.c:240:DebugLogSetLevel()
debug level=debug
/SourceCache/SmartCardServices/SmartCardServices-36160/src/PCSC/pcscdaemon.c:389:main()
pcscd set to foreground with debug send to stderr
/SourceCache/SmartCardServices/SmartCardServices-36160/src/PCSC/readerfactory.c:1545:ReaderCheckArchitecture()
Send respawn signal to pcscd (pid=794)
User signal 2

Is there any clue on how can I get things back working again?

Yours,

Francis

Francis Augusto Medeiros
ICQ:7825595
Skype: francisaugusto
AIM/iChat: francisaugusto
Vitória da Conquista - Bahia - Brasil
"Lâmpada para os meus pés é a Tua palavra, e luz para o meu caminho"
        --- Salmo 119:105