[SmartcardServices-Users] Warning: ccid-driver removed by cyberJack Driver V3.4

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 06:37:53 PDT 2010

2010/3/16 Chris Hauser <chris at cat-box.de>:
> Hello.
>
> Am 01.09.2009 um 13:36 schrieb Ludovic Rousseau:
>
>> 2009/9/1 Chris Hauser <chris at cat-box.de>:
>>> Hello.
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>>> Today I've installed the final Driver-Update (3.4) from ReinerSCT for
>>> their cyberJack Cardreader Series.
>>> <http://support.reiner-sct.de/downloads/cyberJack_Installer_3.4.dmg>
>>>
>>> The Surprise: All other Cardterminals were dead after Installation.
>>>
>>> The ReinerSCT-Installer removes the ifd-ccid.bundle of the Mac OS X
>>> System without a word. No Note, no warning, nothing.
>>
>> I guess you have reported the problem to ReinerSCT, have you?
>
> Yes, I did.
>
> They answer, that's Apples respectively your fault, and not their problem.

The problem is that pcscd on Mac OS X does not support the notion of a
class driver. If a USB device can be used by 2 different drivers then
pcscd select one at random.

I added a class mechanism in pcsc-lite (for Linux) in revision 4249 [1].

Another approach is to remove the support of the Reiner SCT reader
from the CCID driver. I did this in version 1.3.11 of the CCID driver.
So it should be no problem to that my CCID driver 1.3.11 and Reiner
SCT driver at the same time.
The CCID driver on Mac OS X should be upgrade from 1.3.8 to 1.3.11 (or
later) at some point in the future.

Bye

[1] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pcsclite-cvs-commit/2009-June/003753.html

--