[SmartcardServices-Users] Problems w OmniKey CardMan 3121 w generic CCID under SL

Patrik Ekdahl patrik.ekdahl at ericsson.com
Fri Mar 26 01:39:26 PDT 2010

Hi,

I have problems with the generic ifd-ccid driver for a OmniKey Cardman 3121 under Snow Leopard.
Most of the time the ScardOpenReader call will return "Unresponsive card" or "No Smart Card inserted".
I have the same problem with a Gemalto PC Key reader.

I've tried to recompile the driver and the pcsc daemon but no success.
>From the --debug logging of pcscd it seems like there are lots of USB related error, both reading and writing.
I finally got the Omnikey reader to work, using their proprietary driver, by removing the corresponding items from the
generic ifd-ccid Info.plist. Now it works like a charm, but it is a bit frustrating that the generic stuff wouldn't work.

Does anyone have any insight on this? If needed I could provide detailed log data from pcscd...

Original setup:
PCSC Framework 1.4.0
ifd-ccid 1.3.8

Also tried (compiled for 64 bits):
pcsc-lite 1.5.5
ifd-ccid 1.3.11 (linked to Apple IOKit usb Framework)

Best regards
/Patrik