[SmartcardServices-Users] Smartcard support from third party dylib

Shawn A. Geddis geddis at mac.com
Tue Oct 12 11:17:32 PDT 2010

On Sep 29, 2010, at 11:18 AM, Ludovic Rousseau wrote:
> 2010/9/29 Shawn A. Geddis <geddis at mac.com>:
>> What I _should have_ referenced is the source posted here [1].  That source was then integrated into Mac OS X 10.6.0 and the compiled binary can indeed be found here [2].
>
> Any chance to have the TokendPKCS11 integrated in to trunk?
> Maybe that will happen only with Mac OS X 10.7.0? And Apple will not
> comment on that :-]

Ludovic,

The source included in [1] is the original project for Mac OS X 10.5.x. This currently still stands as a separate project and does not currently require any integration steps per se.  it is the source that is compiled for inclusion in Mac OS X 10.6.x already and unless changes are made, would continue moving forward.  No hidden agenda here...

I'll make sure I get the source up on the site with trunk and with Apple 10.6 release source code...

To be sure I provide the appropriate disclaimer... This TokendPKCS11 is known several issues that need to be addressed.  This was developed and built initially for 10.5 and needs a fair amount of work to provide a usable and stable environment for end users.

[1] http://smartcardservices.macosforge.org/trac/browser/branches/tokend/pk11-0009/TokendPKCS11

-Shawn
Shawn Geddis				  			   geddis at mac.com
Security Consulting Engineer				   geddis at apple.com

MacOSForge Project Lead:                           Smart Card Services
	Web:	http://smartcardservices.macosforge.org/