[SmartcardServices-Users] Leopard with CACNG (UNCLASSIFIED)

Shomo, Michelle L USA CTR (US) michelle.l.shomo.ctr at mail.mil
Mon Apr 25 09:23:54 PDT 2011

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

I previously completed testing with Leopard and CACNG and it was working
fine.  However last week I had to download the CACNG drivers from the
macosforge site again and now when trying to use a Gemalto 144k CAC with
Safari I get prompted repeatedly to select a certificate, that the one
presented is not accepted.

The issue is being experienced with both Safari 4 and multiple versions of
Safari 5.  When using Chrome you receive an SSL Connection Error 107.  The
certificates are listed in a different order within Keychain Access as well.
Also with Safari 5 I noticed that it doesn't prompt for a certificate unless
you already have an ID Preference setup within Keychain Access (it isn't
attempting to add ID Preferences unless one already exists).

The correct certificate is being selected (verified using the serial number)
based on what is displayed.  The CAC works from the Snow Leopard and Windows
systems, so the issue is not the CAC or the websites.

I know that a previous version of the Leopard CACNG had the same symptoms,
it appeared that is was sending the same wrong certificate every time no
matter which certificate was selected, however when the last release came
out this issue was fixed.

Is there any way to verify I have the correct version?

The issue is repeatable.  I have at least one user with the issue and I have
at least 2 systems in the lab with the same issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Michelle
Michelle Shomo, CISSP