[SmartcardServices-Users] of Oberthur 128 cards (UNCLASSIFIED)

Paul Nelson nelson at thursby.com
Thu Feb 24 11:37:48 PST 2011

On Feb 24, 2011, at 12:18 PM, Dan O'Donnell wrote:

> Thanks for the link.
> Was testing done only with the SCR3310?
>
> And, as far as you know, is the SCR331 outdated?

We test with a variety of card readers.  Getting a card reader to work with the Mac has been problematic in the past, but most CCID compliant readers will work.

We have tested with the following readers, and they all work fine:
OmniKey CardMan 3121 - my favorite for a desktop computer.  Has a weighted base.
Omnikey CardMan 5125 - This one is a dual interface reader, but only the regular contact part of the reader work with Mac OS X.
SCR3310 - A widely used reader.
SCR3500- A fold up reader that is nice for traveling made by SCM Microsystems.  P/N:905141
The old SCR331 with upgraded firmware.  See this url to download the firmware:
	http://www.scmmicro.com/support/pc-security-support/utilities.html , you need a PC.  USB FW Update for Windows or Linux.

We tested with a ID Badge Holder marketed by Stanley Global.  It did not work on the Mac even though my CCID test software thought it worked just fine.  I conforms to CCID 1.1

Paul Nelson
Thursby Software Systems, Inc.