[SmartcardServices-Users] Lion support

Dan O'Donnell odonnell at rand.org
Fri Jul 8 14:03:14 PDT 2011

I have been questioned about and reprimanded for my choice of ambiguous
words in my previous reply.

I did not mean to imply there was a private build of *anything* other than
the existence of a Developer Preview of Mac OS X 10.7 Lion. I believe that
the information about the existence of a Developer Preview has been released
by Apple to the public domain. This can be inferred at the publicly
available website
<http://developer.apple.com/technologies/mac/whats-new.html>.

As far as I know Mac OS X 10.7 Lion is currently not available to anybody
outside of the Developer Preview, and as far as I know nobody in that
Preview is allowed to say anything about what is or is not in the Preview.

Nothing I wrote should be presumed to have stated or implied anything about
the presence or lack of any smart card services in OS X 10.7 Lion, and I
have no knowledge of whether or not any smart card services are actually in
OS X 10.7 Lion.

I am not saying that anything is or is not in the current Developer Preview
of Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, and I have no knowledge of whether or not any smart
card services are or are not in OS X 10.7 Lion.

For any information about Mac OS X 10.7 Lion please see the Apple Developer
web site mentioned above, or the main web site for this product at
<http://www.apple.com/macosx/>

My previous reply was not meant to imply anything other than what I state
above. The reader is admonished not to infer anything more than what is
stated above.