[SmartcardServices-Users] ECA Smart Cards on Snow Leopard

Pitts, Sean J Mr CIV USN sean.pitts at us.army.mil
Mon Mar 21 02:15:12 PDT 2011

Not sure what "ECA" stands for, but I got a new badge on Friday. It is an
Oberthur ID One 128 v5.5 Dual. It didn't work with my OSX 10.6.6, ActiveCard
reader. I went to www.militarycac.com/snowleopard.htm. It has a "Gemalto TOP
DL GX4 144" fix for free. It didn't work with my Oberthur card. But I
noticed a "new" link on this page to PKard by Thursby Software. It costs
$29.95. Thursby offers free trials but not for PKard. I downloaded the free
trial for ADmit Mac PKI ($239 for 1 year license!).

Keychain Access 4.1 sees my certificates, and I have access again.

I plan to buy PKard as Thursby states on its website that PKard is just for
remote user access which is all I need. The ADmit Mac PKI free trial is only
for 3 weeks.

If you hear of a free fix, please let me know.