[SmartcardServices-Users] ECA Smart Cards on Snow Leopard

Shawn A. Geddis geddis at mac.com
Tue Mar 22 18:08:08 PDT 2011

Suzanne,

ECA is in reference to the issuance (external) and is not directly related to the Smart Card or applet versions. Most if not all newer cards being issued in DoD are issued with a newer profile/applet (sometimes referred to as CACNG). If you were issued a "Gemalto TOP DL GX4 144" then you can either update to 10.6.7 or, if you have not already, you can install the beta tokend from the SmartcardServices project downloads. The card would then be supported/seen in Keychain Access. If you were issued a "Oberthur ID One 128 v5.5 Dual" then neither 10.6.7 nor the beta Token would help you - right now. The CACNG Tokend here will be updated to support the Oberthur card in a future release. Sorry for delay on this

Shawn Geddis
SmartcardServices Project Lead