[SmartcardServices-Users] Using filevault with smartcard login.

David Bruno (Civ ARL/CISD) <dbruno> david.bruno at us.army.mil
Thu Mar 31 09:31:08 PDT 2011

Hello,

I¹m not sure if this is the right list to ask this question.  I¹m trying to
create a filevaulted user, who can log in with the pubkeyhash method in the
AuthenticationAuthority field.  As far as I know tokenadmin create-fv-user
is broken and hasn¹t been fixed yet.  So I¹ve been trying to create a
sparsebundle using:

hdiutil create -size 20m -encryption -fs HFS+J -pubkey
6225DF186D119D08DA6850C74C948A182F5DE7C2 enc.sparsebundle
hdiutil: create failed - error 0x80010914

I keep getting this error.  When I use a different hash, I don¹t get an
error at all, but instead it returns the usage:

Usage:    hdiutil create <sizespec> [options] <imagepath>
    hdiutil create ­help

When I export the certificate and use that instead of the public key hash
value I get the same error value.

Does hdiutil do some sort of test on the hexidecimal pubkeyhash values?  Is
this  method even possible?  I figured that I could create the sparsebundle
then just drop it into place by modifying the NFSHomeDirectory field.

I¹ve been referencing this message:

http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/smartcardservices-users/2010-September
/000136.html

Thank you