[SmartcardServices-Users] two observed Snow Leopard anomalies relating to PKI/smartcard/certs

Suzanne Stevens, Contractor, Code 5595 suzanne.stevens.ctr at nrl.navy.mil
Tue Oct 4 12:54:28 PDT 2011

A coworker and myself also experienced trouble with trusting certificates in Snow Leopard.  The trust action would not succeed in Keychain Access and SSL stopped working elsewhere until I rebooted.  It seemed to happen only when my smart card (CAC) was in its reader.  Without the card in the reader, trusting certificates worked fine.  My coworker was also able to trust a certificate successfully after removing his CAC.

I'm running Lion now and don't see the same behavior.  I trusted and untrusted a few times without any hanging or general messing up of my machine.

-Suzanne