[SmartcardServices-Users] Problem recognizing Apple's Root Certification Authority cert

Shawn Geddis geddis at me.com
Mon Dec 10 08:30:45 PST 2012

On Dec 7, 2012, at 4:20 PM, "Kasprzyk, David C" <david.c.kasprzyk at boeing.com> wrote:
> I had no issue installing the Smart Card Services Update 2.0.b2 for Mountain Lion on one of my 10.8.2 machines (one that already had developer tools installed), however on a clean 10.8.2 machine. I'm unable to install the package, even after manually adding the certificate to my login key chain. I'm getting the same error that Thomas Carroll reported on Nov 8th to the list. What am I missing with my certificate install that the OS still thinks the update is untrusted?

David,

The best/easiest method to determine the evaluation status of a certificate is to perform the following:

1) 	Launch Keychain Access
2) 	Select (highlight) either the Intermediate Certificate or the Certificate used to sign the installer
		(Intermediate Cert:	"Apple Worldwide Developer Relations Certification Authority")
		(Code Signing Cert:	"Mac Developer: Shawn Geddis (732BB4NPDQ)"
3)	Select 	Keychain Access-->Certificate Assistant-->Evaluate "<name of selected certificate>"...
4)	Select	"Generic (certificate chain validation only)
5) 	Notice the "Certificate Status" -- should be "Good"

You will see the status of the Certificate as well as be able to click on the "Show Certificate..." to see the complete Certificate Chain used for Trust Validation for this certificate.

What do you see on yours ?

You can submit a ticket at the Project and proceed that way as well.

- Shawn
Shawn Geddis				  			          geddis at me.com
Enterprise Security Consulting Engineer, Apple     geddis at apple.com

MacOSForge: Smart Card Services  Project Lead:
	Web:	http://smartcardservices.macosforge.org/