[SmartcardServices-Users] /etc/authorization for OS X Lion ?

Yoann Gini yoann.gini at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 02:34:48 PST 2012

Hello,

I’m new on this mailing list and I think a lot of people already ask that, but I’m looking for a solution for OS X Lion logon with smartcard.

I’ve installed SmartCardService and OpenSC, my smartcard reader is see by my system, I can configure my cards with it, the keychain can see it too and mail can sign outgoing mail with it, so everything goes well when the user is logged.

Now I try to allow user to be authenticated by the login window with the smartcard and I can’t find any documentation for the modification of /etc/authentication database… Someone have a link for that ?

With 10.7.3 it’s seems to work, at least Centrify has do it : http://community.centrify.com/t5/The-Centrify-Apple-Guy/OS-X-10-7-3-and-Smart-Card-Support/ba-p/3660

So we should be able to do that with OpenSC devices ?

Best regards,
Yoann Gini