[SmartcardServices-Users] More open directory smart card login fun

Yoann Gini yoann.gini at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 03:45:03 PDT 2013

Hi John,

Le 29 août 2013 à 23:06, John Daly <john.l.daly at navy.mil> a écrit :

> I can get the local login to work using a combination of smartcardservices
> from MacOSforge and Thursby's Pkard, but I have not been able to get it to
> work with a directory account.
> Yoann Gini has a great set of instructions and a modified sc_auth which I
> tried.  The sc_auth does put the smart card's hash into the Open Directory
> account's Authentication Authority, but I still can't get the login window
> to ask for a PIN if the account is on the directory.

For information, my sc_auth update should now be in the trunk source code of SmartCardServices.

> Any ideas?  Clues?  Step by step instructions?

Did you check your system log when you insert your smartcard on the login window?

Be careful that my article was write for 10.7, it should work for 10.8 too but for 10.6 you’ve to make some other changes in the authorization file (and in this case, the documentation is available on the Apple KB).