[SmartcardServices-Users] Mountain Lion Login window

Jorgensen, Will A Will at pnnl.gov
Wed Jul 24 23:26:03 PDT 2013

Okay, so I finally got a chance to make some progress on this.  Once I got the Entrust Managed Services SSP CA certs trusted then I could get the Public Key Hash method to work.  However, I ran into trouble trying to get the attribute lookup to work.  The contents of the cacloginconfig.plist is provided  at the end of my reply.  Is  the correct file name cacloginconfig.plist or caclogingconfig.plist, I saw both names referenced on the net.  I tried both, neither worked.

My computer is bound to AD and can do lookups and get kerberos tickets  in general.  My user object in AD has the userPrincipalName attribute set and it matches the value in the NT Principal Name field in my certificate.  I didn't change the /etc/authorization file from what was working with the Public Key Hash method.

What else should I be looking at?

Caclogingconfig.plist:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>dsAttributeString</key>
<string>dsAttrTypeNative:userPrincipalName</string>
<key>fields</key>
<array>
<string>NT Principal Name</string>
</array>