[SmartcardServices-Users] Problem installing Smart card services update 2.0b2

Walton, Ben ben.walton at hp.com
Sun Jun 30 19:07:59 PDT 2013

Thanks Shawn but I overcame that hurdle already and it fails at the end of the install...

Sent from my iPhone

On 1 Jul 2013, at 08:48, "Shawn Geddis" <geddis at me.com<mailto:geddis at me.com>> wrote:

On Jun 24, 2013, at 1:54 AM, Walton, Ben <ben.walton at hp.com<mailto:ben.walton at hp.com>> wrote:
Hi,
I recently renewed my corporate identity certificate and trying to port it to my MAC machine. I can't directly export from my windows machine so attempting to use my activekey instead. I was following instructions that said I needed to install Smart Card Services for the CAC module but the install keeps failing.

I'm running 10.8.4 and I think I did something similar in the past as my current certificate is working in Firefox. Maybe that's causing the issue?

Does anyone have any ideas?

Ben,

The Installer issue you are having is related to the identity used in signing the package and the fact that you probably have Gatekeeper set to either MAS Only or MAS & DevID.  If you set it to “Anywhere” momentarily, it should install just fine.

- Shawn