[SmartcardServices-Users] "Unidentified Developer" error when opening installer?

Shawn Geddis geddis at me.com
Fri May 10 10:23:34 PDT 2013

Jim,

The Installer was signed, but not using a DeveloperID issued Certificate.  As noted with the installers and the blog entry:
Installers

The Installers have been digitally signed, but it is possible you may not have the intermediate CA certificate on your system yet.  If you do not have it, you can pull it down from Apple's Root Certification Authority site with the specific Intermediate CA certificate you need found --> HERE <--.

The installers are located on the Project's Installers page which you can get to --> HERE <-- as well as clicking on the Installers link on the left side of this page.

In your case, the reason I included the reference to the Gatekeeper KBase, is that you and others would need to allow this from "Anywhere" in System Preference or perform the manual override for the installer.  This would not be necessary if the MacOSForge Projects were issued DeveloperIDs for code signing, but that has not yet been the case.  Until then, the signature is providing integrity assurance that it came from me, but not under the official DeveloperID program today.

-Shawn