[SmartcardServices-Users] Smart Card Services Update v2.0.b2-MtLion -> downloaded package treated as damaged

Disiena, Ridley (GRC-VG00)[DB Consulting Group, Inc.] ridley.disiena at nasa.gov
Fri May 17 09:38:34 PDT 2013

Greetings,

I was wondering if there is a current Gatekeeper bug that I am not fully aware of.  I am trying to download -> (1)  **NEW** Smart Card Services Update v2.0.b2-MtLion (Sep 18, 2012)

Even with the signing certificate present on the system, unless the settings for Gatekeeper in Security and Privacy are set to "Anywhere", the package will not run.  It always gets:
"“Smart Card Services Update 2.0b2-ML-signed” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash."

The reason I believe this to be a Gatekeeper issue is because this only happens if the package was obtained recently from the internet via OS X.  I have a local copy which I had backed up from some time before this started occurring, I assume an OS X update.  The backed up version has the same SHA-256 hash as the downloaded package.  I can install that package on any setting in Gatekeeper even "Mac App Store" which is odd.

Any comments or suggestions on this issue?  Is there a bug report already open?

-Ridley