[SmartcardServices-Users] Smart Card Services Update v2.0.b2-MtLion -> downloaded package treated as damaged

Disiena, Ridley (GRC-VG00)[DB Consulting Group, Inc.] ridley.disiena at nasa.gov
Fri May 17 12:46:04 PDT 2013

Just a correction, I verified this is an extended attribute com.apple.quarentine issue that gets tagged by browser downloads, but not some command line downloads.  It appears to not be consistent on all machines so something else might be involved in this instance.

I wanted to clarify that quarantine extended attribute appears to be where the misleading this package is damaged message is from, since it occurs with that extended attribute with or without the proper PKI chains for the Application signing.  I tried it both ways and the error from quarantine happens first no matter if the PKI trust is present or not, and only occurs if the quarantine flag is present.  Hope that helps anyone else getting that particular message.

-Ridley