[SmartcardServices-Users] Request for assistance

Yoann Gini yoann.gini at gmail.com
Fri May 24 23:45:07 PDT 2013

Hi,

Le 24 mai 2013 à 18:33, Tim and Deana Woliver <tdmiwoliver at gmail.com> a écrit :

> When I opened the downloaded file, I first received a dialogue window that says the package was signed with a certificate that has expired.  If I acquired this package recently, it may not be authentic.  Did I want to continue with the installation anyway?  I selected "Continue".  I then clicked "Continue" on the "Smart Card Services Update 2.0" and everything initially looks like the the utility will load just fine after clicking the next series of "Continue" buttons.  The last "Continue" is one the "Custom Install" window.  The only option unchecked is "cacloginconfig"  I left it unchecked the first attempt, although I selected it on a subsequent attempt to no avail.
> After clicking "Install" the process resolves to "There were errors with the installation.  You may want to try installing again."  "The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail.  Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."
> I'm probably missing something simple and easy.
> Request any suggestion for fixes or work-arounds so I can use my CAC/reader on my Mac.

Did you follow the web site’s advise?

The Installer has been digitally signed, but it is possible you may not have the Intermediate CA Certificate on your system for signature validation. If you do not have it, you can pull it down from ​Apple's Root Certification Authority site with the specific Intermediate CA Certificate found ​HERE.