[SmartcardServices-Users] Updated blog article: OS X Mavericks and SmartCard Support

Yoann Gini yoann.gini at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 07:39:17 PST 2013

Hi folks,

I know my previous article on OS X Lion have been useful for some people here, so let me inform the list that I’ve updated my article for OS X Mavericks.

http://blog.inig-services.com/archives/1448 (as always, non-french speaker can use google translate if needed)

Thanks for the off list reply on my previous e-mail, they’ve allow me to add informations for support of non-opensc compatible systems.

For people who have already read the old one, the only difference with 10.9 is at the end. Since /etc/authorization have been replaced by a SQLite database (/var/db/auth.db) we can’t edit the file directly.

Hopefully, Apple have updated the command line tool related to authorization database to offer a single line command to enable SmartCard support:

sudo security authorizationdb smartcard enable

However, this command enable smartcard support but don’t disable password capabilities. I will use one of my DTS ticket to ask how we are supposed to disable password support from login window and screen saver.

Best regards,
Yoann