[SmartcardServices-Users] CAC login

John Daly john.l.daly at navy.mil
Tue Sep 10 09:38:59 PDT 2013

I know this is absolutely no help to Barry whatsoever, but I absolutely
second his question.

I'm trying to set up CAC login for Open Directory.  I run both the server
and the clients, but I can't find any set of instructions beyond Yoann
Gini's set, which are very nice, but I haven't been able to get them to
work.
I can get local account logins to work great with pubkey hash.  For one
afternoon, I could get my test clients to authenticate to the open
directory, but I couldn't log in because the home folder wouldn't mount, and
then with no configuration changes, it simply quit working, and I can't get
any more test machines to work again.

Instruction FAQs would be great!
Troubleshooting FAQ would be wonderful as well.

Thank you,
John