[SmartcardServices-Users] WWDC feedback

Yoann Gini yoann.gini at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 14:57:00 PDT 2014

Hi folks,

Some of you has ask me for a feedback about what I’ve seen at the WWDC this year who can be interesting for Enterprise. Since the NDA is way more permissive this year, I think I can directly post my feedback on the list.

The list isn’t ordered at all.

— With OS X Yosemite, MDM will be able to install application to managed computers. Standalone app and flat package will be supported.

— With iOS 8 and OS X Mavericks, books distribution via MDM will be supported.

— With iOS 8, MDM will be able to rename iOS devices.

— With iOS 8, MDM will be able to reset pre existing password restriction.

— With iOS 8, MDM will be able to configure S/MIME on a per e-mail account basis.

— SSO on iOS 8 will be extended to support certificate based authentication (PKINIT).

— With iOS 8 on supervised mode, MDM will be able to block erase features.

— With iOS 8, all profiles pushed by a MDM will be presented as one item only and in a specific and explicit settings section (no more the « Profiles » one).

— With iOS 8, MDM will be able to declare managed domain. It’s just a nice feature who will tell iOS to display non-managed domain in red (for example if the user send an e-mail to an external account, it will appear in red).

— OS X Yosemite now support IKEv2 based VPN and the always on settings.

And an interesting fact, we got a lot of demo of the third part app managed preferences from MDM. That’s funny because Apple with it’s own Profile Manager don’t support it at this time. We have to rely on third part one if we wan’t to use this feature.

That’s all Enterprise things I’ve noticed during the conference.

Tell me if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Yoann