[SmartcardServices-Users] Encrypted Apple Mail w/ PIV

Rowe, Walter walter.rowe at nist.gov
Thu Mar 13 08:30:27 PDT 2014

We have our PIV certs populated in AD. I have the OS X Smartcard Services installed and enabled on an OS X 10.9.2 laptop bound to AD. I can successfully log into OS X with my PIV card. I can create new email messages with click the digital signature button to successful send digitally signed emails. I can’t click the encryption button. It is is grayed out.

I read in Apple Mail Help that I need the personal certificate for each recipient in my Keychain to send them encrypted messages. Can Apple Mail not get those certificates from AD?

Walter
--
Walter Rowe, Hosting Services
Enterprise Systems / OISM