[SmartcardServices-Users] Smartcard logon: password for Login keychain

Vadim vadim.in.love at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 00:02:05 PST 2015

Dear Yoann,

  thank you very much for this simple solution!

 >> I have setup smartcard logon on OS X Yosemite and now each time I
login using smartcard I see pop up dialogue "messages agent wants to use
the login keychain. Enter the password".
 >> I understand that the Login keychain is protected by user's password
and usually is is opening by OS X with the password, but now OS X has no
my password, it has only PIN for my smart card.
 >> Is there any solution not to use password to unlock Login keychain?

 >Yes, you can replace your keychain password by your PIN code. It’s not
 >a good practice in terms of keychain protection but it will
 >automatically unlock it at the logon time.

 >Cheers,
 >Yoann

Best regards,
   Vadim