[SmartcardServices-Users] Store key on NFC tag that is acceptable to sc_auth?

Miller, Timothy J. tmiller at mitre.org
Mon Feb 2 12:27:22 PST 2015

FWIW, do you know about Knock?  Uses BTLE to pair to an iPhone; physical control of both allows you to log into the Mac.  Sorta similar to Chrome OS Smart Unlock with Android 5.0.

I'm not endorsing Knock (or Smart Unlock) as safe--and by most accounts Knock has some issues, esp. after a reboot--but IMHO pairing with a phone is probably safer than using an NFC tag, and the smart phone is certainly capable enough to emulate a smart card.

-- T