[SmartcardServices-Users] Cannot use my Yubikey Neo

Blumenthal, Uri - 0558 - MITLL uri at ll.mit.edu
Thu Mar 5 07:28:05 PST 2015

On 3/3/15, 15:31 , "Henry B (Hank) Hotz, CISSP" <hotz at 2ndquadrant.com>
wrote:

>>> Do I need to remove anything in order for it to run correctly?
>>
>> Shouldn't need to remove anything. There is some sort of dark art to
>>which tokend is used when there are multiple tokend(s) for the same card
>>type.
>
>Need to make sure you use the tools that go with the tokend that’s
>actually attached and running. Plug the card in and do a ps -ef | fgrep
>tokend to see.

I’ve tried several things, unfortunately including attempt to
recompile/reinstall pcsc-lite-1.8.13, which messed everything up
enormously.

I’ve restored the original Apple /usr/sbin/pcscd and
/usr/libexec/SmartCardServices/drivers/ifd-ccid.bundle, but despite all
that it does not start any tokend.

Prior to this pcsc-lite fiasco, OpenSC.tokend would start/run (if present)
when a smart card was inserted, and it would recognize/display the card
and the certs that were on it - but it would not unlock it (prompts for a
PIN, accepts the PIN, and then nothing changes - and the card stays
locked; no error message or such).