[SmartcardServices-Users] Odd Keychain CAC and Certificate behavior

Rowe, Walter (Fed) walter.rowe at nist.gov
Fri Aug 24 06:13:44 PDT 2018

Centrify also doesn’t do thorough certificate chain validation based on our experience. We marked the FBCA untrusted and added an alternate certificate to the validation chain. Centrify saw the “untrusted” FBCA and determined our PIV cards were not trusted instead of properly finding the alternate validation chain we provided in AD. We reported this to Centrify three years ago. We are only now seeing a potential resolution in the GA release. Each time they told us to was fixed, it wasn’t.

Walter
--
Walter Rowe, Acting Chief
Infrastructure Services Division