[Tokend-Dev] PKCS#11 Tokend module?

Cristian Thiago Moecke contato at cristiantm.com.br
Wed Feb 3 12:46:10 PST 2010

Hello all!

My name is Cristian, and I'm a Brazilian graduate student, researching
PKI themes. I've just bought me a Macbook Pro, and I was looking for a
way to make my epass2k token work on Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard). But
"PRONOVA" don't provide a tokend module. They provide a PKCS#11 module
only for Mac. So I can use firefox and thunderbird, but not safari,
chrome, java, mail and everithing else I would like to use with it.

I must say I've got a bit disappointed on the lack of support for
PKCS#11 on Mac OS X Keychain. I've read that Apple don't want it because
of the need to point to dynlibs... I can understand, but I would be
happy even if the option was available by editing some config file or
running terminal commands. But ok, stop complaining, I'm on mac for 3
weeks now and this is my first and only complaint until now, that is good.

Since I'm a programmer, since I've come from the Linux world and since
I've got some friends here that also are programmers, also use mac, also
would like to use PKCS#11 modules on theis Mac Keychain, and also would
enjoy giving a solution for this, I'm interested on try to develop a
Tokend module that works as an interface to user provided PKCS#11
dynlibs. I would like to know:

  -  if you have heard about someone already trying/doing this (I've
found this slides:
http://middleware.internet2.edu/pki06/proceedings/dinapoli-pkcs11-mac.pdf,
from 2006... I'm trying to contact the author. But found nothing else).
  - if there is already a documentation to people like me, that want to
develop his first Tokend module. On the website I've found only user
documentation, not developer documentation.

Regards,

--
Cristian Thiago Moecke
contato at cristiantm.com.br