[Tokend-Dev] Updating Tokend building and installing documentation

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 00:05:12 PDT 2011

2011/6/29 Jeff Bair <jeff.bair at centrify.com>:
> Building CAC-NG for Mac OS X
>
> Unfortunately, as of 6/23/11, the source files pulled from darwinbuild are
> not up to
> date and do not include the CAC-NG files.  In order to build CAC-NG you
> must go to http://opensource.apple.com/tarballs/Tokend/ and download the
> latest Tokend (for me it's Tokend-40596.tar.gz)

This version of Tokend is not yet available in the subversion
repository at http://smartcardservices.macosforge.org/
It looks like Apple does not use the tools thy provide to "share" open
source projects.

> Once you have that file
> and after you have followed the previous steps to build Tokend with the
> CAC, PIV, and BELPIC modules, extract the file into
> /Volumes/BuildRoot_*/SourceCache/Tokend/ so in this folder you should have
> the old version and the new version you just downloaded (For me it would
> be Tokend-40596 and Tokend-36720).  Delete or move the old folder
> (Tokend-36720) and rename the new folder (Tokend-40596) to the same name
> as the old folder.  Go back to your directory where you first did
> darwinbuild -init.  Then build the files again with the -nosource flag and
> create the packages.
> e.g. Once inside your /Volumes/BuildRoot_*/SourceCache/Tokend/ directory
> 1 $ sudo rm -r Tokend-36720
> 2 $ sudo mv Tokend-40596 Tokend-36720
> 3 $ cd ~/workspace/10A432
> 4 $ sudo darwinbuild -nosource Tokend
> 5 $ /usr/local/share/darwinbuild/packageRoots
> Now your packages in the Packages folder should include the new CAC-NG
> files.

Thanks for the procedure.
I do not want to update the wiki since this is not the normal
procedure. But I added a reference to your mail in the wiki page.

> NOTE: The initial darwinbuild seems to only run on older versions of Mac
> OSX and Xcode. I personally used 10.6.0 Build 10A432 on an older Mac Mini
> with a 1.83 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and XCode version 3.2.0.  Reference
> http://darwinbuild.macosforge.org/trac/ticket/113 for more info.

I had not tried to reinstall an old version of OSX.
Thanks for the info.

Bye,

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau