[Tokend-Dev] Updating Tokend building and installing documentation

Jeff Bair jeff.bair at centrify.com
Wed Jun 29 09:54:53 PDT 2011

Building CAC-NG for Mac OS X

Unfortunately, as of 6/23/11, the source files pulled from darwinbuild are
not up to
date and do not include the CAC-NG files.  In order to build CAC-NG you
must go to http://opensource.apple.com/tarballs/Tokend/ and download the
latest Tokend (for me it's Tokend-40596.tar.gz) Once you have that file
and after you have followed the previous steps to build Tokend with the
CAC, PIV, and BELPIC modules, extract the file into
/Volumes/BuildRoot_*/SourceCache/Tokend/ so in this folder you should have
the old version and the new version you just downloaded (For me it would
be Tokend-40596 and Tokend-36720).  Delete or move the old folder
(Tokend-36720) and rename the new folder (Tokend-40596) to the same name
as the old folder.  Go back to your directory where you first did
darwinbuild -init.  Then build the files again with the -nosource flag and
create the packages.
e.g. Once inside your /Volumes/BuildRoot_*/SourceCache/Tokend/ directory
1 $ sudo rm -r Tokend-36720
2 $ sudo mv Tokend-40596 Tokend-36720
3 $ cd ~/workspace/10A432
4 $ sudo darwinbuild -nosource Tokend
5 $ /usr/local/share/darwinbuild/packageRoots
Now your packages in the Packages folder should include the new CAC-NG
files.

NOTE: The initial darwinbuild seems to only run on older versions of Mac
OSX and Xcode. I personally used 10.6.0 Build 10A432 on an older Mac Mini
with a 1.83 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and XCode version 3.2.0.  Reference
http://darwinbuild.macosforge.org/trac/ticket/113 for more info.