[Tokend-Dev] TokenD and Adobe Reader 9.4 signing problem

Giuseppe Amato midori3 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 08:59:35 PST 2011

Hello,

I'm experiencing a problem using our TokenD with Adobe Reader 9
(actually 9.4.6) on OSX version 10.5.
Note that with OSX 10.6 and 10.7 versions the problem doesn't exists.

In Adobe Reader I can see all certificates exposed by the TokenD, from
the smartcard, and I can also choose the default certificate in the
preferences pane.
But when I try to make a signature and the certificate selection dialog
box appears, when I push on the "Sign" button nothing happens: I can
just cancel the signature.

If the certificate chosen from the list is not from TokenD but is one
imported from PKCS#12 file in login keychain, the signature just works fine.
The strange thing is that this happens just on OSX 10.5.

I'm sure that the TokenD works well since I can use it with Safari and
Mail. And also with a Digital Signature application.

I don't know if is Adobe Reader that have problems with TokenD on OSX
10.5 or if is fault of our TokenD implementation.
Some one is experiencing the same problem?

Regards,
    Giuseppe Amato