[Tokend-Dev] Altered Security Tokend for Belpic/Beid

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 12:46:33 PDT 2015

Hello Maccampus (is it your real name?),

The BELPIC tokend source code is licensed under Apple Public Source
License Version 2.0. [1]
So as long as the Belgian Government Agency respect the licence that is fine.

Why do you think there is a problem here?

Regards,

[1] https://smartcardservices.macosforge.org/trac/browser/trunk/Tokend/BELPIC/belpic.cpp

> Hello,
>
> The Belgian Government Agency (Belpic) who is in charge of making software
> for the Belgian Electronic Identity Card (BEID) has altered the BelPic
> Tokend from this project.
> They never have uploaded their changes to this project though.
>
> They seem to have taken the Apple Card Services 2.0bx or lower which
> contains Belpic.tokend 2.2.1 & 2.2. Maybe they took the source files &
> altered them or they took the Installable files & have hacked them, to add a
> higher encryption for Version 3 of the Beid Cards.
>
> They have not informed you of their changes & their changes are not added to
> the later versions of your versions of the Belpic.tokend. Rather they
> renamed the Belpic.tokent to Beid.tokend & even with their latest software
> they make us Belgian Apple using citizens to install an old version of the
> Belpic.tokend, instead of altering the later versions as one would atlas
> have expected.
>
> I want to inform you about these changes in hope that you can add them to
> the latest versions of the Belpic.tokend & inform them about their
> inappropriate behavior. Maybe also discuss the future name of the tokens to
> be Belpic or Beid.
>
> I have added their versions of the older Tokend which they are currently
> using, maybe you can extract the changes from those, if not you will need to
> ask them for the source.
>
> They are found here  Home  & have an online contactsheet for technical
> questions Contact - Home. They also use a 3th party to develop for them
> which is Zetes & can be found here, Zetes Industries - Supply Chain &
> Mobility Solutions | Auto-ID & Goods Identification | People ID Solutions -
> Zetes Europe, Middle-East & Africa, or here Overzicht - Kaartlezers
> Belgische identiteitskaart. Maybe you might find them to be the one’s that
> (once) altered & delived your software for the Belpic Agency.
>
> I hope you can make them in cooperation with you deliver the latest version
> of YOUR Belpic/Beid.tokend containing THEIR changes with their software,
> preferably by adding your complete software installer to their package or a
> link to your website rather then only the BELPIC/BEID.tokend. They can
> inform users to only install the Belpic/Beid Tokend.
>
> Thanks for making them setting things right.

 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau