[Xquartz-dev] problem building xorg-server-1.3.0-apple2?

Ben Byer bbyer at apple.com
Tue Dec 4 15:58:02 PST 2007

The tarball -- which, of course, doesn't include an autogen.sh :)

I can't actually find the build rule to make libXquartz in any of the
Makefiles, and I'm seeing a dependency problem in git where changing
files in quartz/xpr -- which eventually get built into libXquartz.a --
don't cause Xquartz itself to be rebuilt.

To mitigate that, I'm finally going through and flattening everything
-- I'm going to get rid of quartz/.   That won't actually help the
Makefile / tarball problem, but it should prevent these kinds of
things from happening in the future.   And I guess I'll go digging in
the old stuff to find that missing rule.
-b