[Xquartz-dev] fb / rootless crash bugs

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at berkeley.edu
Tue Dec 4 16:34:47 PST 2007

>> Do they involve gutting rootless and using kdrive perchance?  I'm
>> only half joking...
>
> No, but I *swore* I mentioned the analogous 100% serious suggestion
> from the X.org folks that we gut rootless and use xcomposite.  (I
> don't know that kdrive solves the problem that we're trying to solve
> here.)

If that's the case, then we should not flatten out the directory
structure but maintain a clear division in the interface to make
switching to xcomposite as painless as possible.  I just noticed that
you committed your changes, do you mind if I back them out and try
cleaning up the Makefile's the way I suggested?