[Xquartz-dev] LSBackgroundOnly at runtime

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at berkeley.edu
Wed Dec 5 09:51:56 PST 2007

On Dec 5, 2007, at 09:12, Kyle McKay wrote:
> I was going to post the below suggestion, but someone beat me to
> it.  I have been playing around with a simple test application and
> that does exactly this.

Would you mind sending me your test application's source?

> Are you calling TransformProcessType as early as possible?

Yes, in main(), I just decide whether to do the launcher or the
server, and I call the TransformProcessType right before I call
server_main().

> Also keep in mind that when you're started by the finder,

We're not.  We're started by launchd in the case where we make these
calls (argv[1] is "--launchd" to tell me this).

> you'll get this extra argument that starts with -psn_.  But it seems
> like you could call TransformProcessType immediately in main if
> argc<=1 or argc==2 and argv[1] starts with "-psn_" or maybe I have
> the sense of that test backwards, but you get the idea about the
> extra argument you have to account for.

Does your application work if executed from the Terminal? (ala
TestApp.app/Contents/MacOS/TestApp)?

Thanks for the help,
Jeremy