[Xquartz-dev] Info request from fink devs

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at berkeley.edu
Fri Dec 7 16:47:40 PST 2007

Could a fink developer please comment on the best way to help with an
interim solution for the "package version problem".  The final
solution should be to use pkg-config, but in the mean time I want to
not facilitate breakage where possible.  If you expect 'Xquartz -
version' to be formatted in a special way for your version check
hacks, please let me know what it is, and I'll make sure what we
display fits that formatting until you get the fink packages fixed.
Hopefully that way, for the average fink user, they will see it as
"just working" with the next .pkg release.