[Xquartz-dev] Re: libX11 compile question

Ben Byer bbyer at apple.com
Mon Dec 10 22:12:17 PST 2007

On Dec 10, 2007, at 9:17 PM, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

> On Dec 10, 2007, at 21:07, Ben Byer wrote:
>> Nothing jumps out at me as obvious -- I assume you've checked using
>> otool -L to make sure that xterm is really linking against the
>> correct libX11 (and not one from MacPorts, or something -- although
>> we should fix that in MacPorts, too :))
>>
>> Can you put up the binary you're generating for libX11 somewhere?
>> I'll disassemble it and compare it to what I get when I build with
>> those flags.
>
> http://people.freedesktop.org/~jeremyhu/libX11.6.2.0.dylib-broken.bz2

Argh, okay, I think I see the problem.  Internally, I maintain
tarballs for each package, and occasionally a set of patches to be
applied against that tarball.  What gets put up on www.opensource.apple.com
  is taken from the build process after the patches are applied.  Try
adding these three patches (you may only actually need one of them)