[Xquartz-dev] X11-2.1.1-pre1.pkg

Nathan nathan.stocks at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 07:15:42 PST 2007

I received a warning message after Firefox downloaded the package (see
attached partial screen shot).  After pressing ok, I opened the
package and installed normally.  I was intrigued to see the little
"certificate" icon in the top right of the installer bar.  Clicking on
it showed your Thawte Freemail Member certificate.

Rebooted.

Hey!  XDMCP really does work again!  Lots more messages in
Terminal.app than before, but no noticeable problems during a short
session:

$ /usr/X11R6/bin/Xquartz -query 10.1.2.58 -once
TransformProcessType: Success
TransformProcessType: Success
X11.app starting:
X.org Release 7.2
X.Org Xquartz X Server 1.3.0-apple5
Build Date: 20071210
_XSERVTransmkdir: ERROR: euid != 0,directory /tmp/.X11-unix will not be created.
Could not init font path element /Library/Fonts, removing from list!
Could not init font path element /System/Library/Fonts, removing from list!
xp_unlock_window: assertion failed: w->locked
fbwindow.c:228: null pointer
fbwindow.c:228: null pointer
fbwindow.c:228: null pointer
fbwindow.c:228: null pointer
fbwindow.c:228: null pointer
FreeFontPath: FPE "/usr/X11/lib/X11/fonts/misc/" refcount is 2, should
be 1; fixing.
Quitting XQuartz...

Cool, thanks!

Using "ssh -Y" to log into my remote server and run X apps also
auto-spawned X11 properly.  Looks like my primary and secondary
use-cases are covered.  Sweet.

~ Nathan