[Xquartz-dev] X11-2.1.1-pre1.pkg

Ben Byer bbyer at apple.com
Tue Dec 11 19:06:49 PST 2007

On Dec 11, 2007, at 7:15 AM, Nathan wrote:

> Hey!  XDMCP really does work again!  Lots more messages in
> Terminal.app than before, but no noticeable problems during a short
> session:
>
> $ /usr/X11R6/bin/Xquartz -query 10.1.2.58 -once
> TransformProcessType: Success
> TransformProcessType: Success
> X11.app starting:
> X.org Release 7.2
> X.Org Xquartz X Server 1.3.0-apple5
> Build Date: 20071210
> _XSERVTransmkdir: ERROR: euid != 0,directory /tmp/.X11-unix will not
> be created.
> Could not init font path element /Library/Fonts, removing from list!
> Could not init font path element /System/Library/Fonts, removing
> from list!
> xp_unlock_window: assertion failed: w->locked
> fbwindow.c:228: null pointer
> fbwindow.c:228: null pointer
> fbwindow.c:228: null pointer
> fbwindow.c:228: null pointer
> fbwindow.c:228: null pointer

A note about the "null pointer" message -- every time you see that,
the old Xquartz would have crashed.  We don't know why that pointer is
going to null, but when it happens, it just exits the function.  It's
a band-aid, and I'm still trying to figure out the actual root cause
-- which may also cause other problems that that simple check does not
catch.

But at least this way it crashes less. :)
--
Ben Byer
CoreOS / BSD Technology Group, XDarwin maintainer