[Xquartz-dev] debugging flags?

Ben Byer bbyer at apple.com
Wed Dec 12 18:34:01 PST 2007

I'd like to add a debugging flag that would choose between ignoring
the "null pointer" errors (and letting them fall through to the rest
of the code) for debugging purposes and trapping / reporting them (as
is the default behavior).

Right now, we have a couple different possible ways of turning on and
off debug stuff -- creating dummy files is what i've done, but it's
ugly.  We could also set environment keys, or prefs plist keys.  This
would *not* be something most people would ever need to touch.

Any thoughts?
--
Ben Byer
CoreOS / BSD Technology Group, XDarwin maintainer