[Xquartz-dev] x11-exec

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at berkeley.edu
Fri Dec 14 12:04:44 PST 2007

Well the one that "represents the X applications" *is* the X server.
With the way things are in git, it's behaving like it was before
2.1.1.  putting the app in the dock and clicking it launches a new
xterm and a new icon represents the server.  I'm actually fine with
that, but I don't know how others will react.

As it is, though, I believe disabling launchd support will still cause
the 10.4 behavior.

I know vmware does some weird hackery with .apps that cause it to
"just work" as expected.  I think we should just try putting as much
of x11-exec and server_main() functionality into xinit and actually
use that to start Xquartz (which loads its resources rather than
grabbing them from X11.app with some weird argv[0] and fork()ing hacks).

What are peoples' thoughts?

--Jeremy