[Xquartz-dev] x11-exec

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at berkeley.edu
Sat Dec 15 08:55:09 PST 2007

Hi Derek,

I think there are two things here, really... the short-term fix, and
the long-term fix.  Right now, I think it's best to try to get a fix
that solves the problem as easily as we can without being too much of
an ugly hack.

For the long term, some people have suggested separate icons for each
X window.  That is completely impractical at the server level, but if
we start putting that onto quartz-wm's shoulders it is theoretically
possible.  I look at things like vmware fusion that create .app
bundles on the fly for windows applications, and I see that it is
possible... I'm just not very close to understanding how.

Additionally, the server needs a dock icon for now, since it is the
only way a user has to bring it to the foreground.