[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.2.0_rc3 (includes spaces fix)

Jamie Kennea jamie at pompey.org
Wed Apr 9 19:39:39 PDT 2008

On Apr 9, 2008, at 10:06 PM, Jeremy Huddleston wrote:

> I'm not experiencing this at all.  In fact, switching between
> spaces, those xterms have focus (no clicking involved).

I'm experiencing it on 3 different Leopard machines. I note that on
the two I tried today I had disabled Spaces auto switching (so you
might consider them "hacked"). On the machine I installed it on
tonight, the auto switching is not disabled (the machine is as vanilla
as can be other than X11), and now I'm seeing that switching spaces
and clicking on the other xterm actually switches back to the previous
space. When I do the same action a second time it selects the window.

I tried deleting all my X11 preferences, anything else I should try?
I'd certainly be interested to hear if everyone else is not seeing
this, because I don't understand why my three machines should see it
(a Mac Pro, a G4 Powerbook and a Mac Book Pro) if nobody else does.

Jamie