[Xquartz-dev] X11 2.2.0_rc4

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at berkeley.edu
Fri Apr 11 09:57:56 PDT 2008

Here is the draft for the release notes:
http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/xquartz/wiki/X112.2.0

Here is the package:
http://xquartz.macosforge.org/downloads/X11-2.2.0_rc4.pkg

Changes since rc3:
No longer includes pkg-config and friends in /usr/local (it's not
installed at all.  my mistake, sorry.)
org.x.X11 LaunchAgent plist is properly removed
privileged_startx LaunchDaemon now exits when idle
fonts are cached during post-inst (install might take a little longer)
Added a pref to quartz-wm to enable window shading rather than
minimization when the titlebar is double-clicked (check the man page)
quartz-wm will now restore minimized windows when the dock crashes (so
they're not lost)
libpng version bumped up to the latest release
Fixed up preinst to delete the older, uncompressed man pages, so they
don't conflict with the new gzip'd versions

**Blockers against 2.2.0 final**:
xterm does not properly unhide mouse pointer in some cases (like cmd-q).

Please let me know of any issues with this release... especially if
it's serious enough to block 2.2.0.  I intend to push this out once I
have a fix for xterm, but I want to give you guys a chance to give it
a beating first.

Thanks,
Jeremy