[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.2.0_rc3 (includes spaces fix)

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Fri Apr 11 14:05:41 PDT 2008

Jamie Kennea wrote:

> Thanks for trying. I'm pulling my hair out here trying to figure out why
> I'm the only one having the problem (on 5 different computers).

You are not the only one. I am seeing the same thing. There is one
observation I want to add: The behavior is very sensitive to mouse
movements (or trackpad in my case):

If I go to the space with the xterm that does not have focus and click
into the xterm without moving the mouse, then I get transported back to
the previous space as you have described, but if there is the slightest
mouse movement before clicking, then the automatic space switch does not
happen.

Likewise, if I do a small mouse movement in the space with the xterm
that does have focus, then switch space and click in the xterm without
focus, the automatic space switch happens every time, not only the first
time. If I do not do this mouse movement, then the automatic space
switch only happens the first time, not the second time.

In any case, the xterm in the space I switch to never gets focus
automatically, typing always goes into the xterm in the old space.

--
Martin