[Xquartz-dev] XQuartz 2.2.0_rc3 (includes spaces fix)

William Mortensen william5 at u.washington.edu
Fri Apr 11 17:14:26 PDT 2008

Yeah, that reproduces it for me, although I may have to repeat space-
switching and clicking to get it to happen (like I said, it doesn't
happen every single time, but it will after not too many tries). I use
cmd-opt-(number) instead of ctrl, but I tried switching to ctrl and it
still happens. Doesn't seem to be affected by where I click (titlebar
vs. window contents).

Are you using trackpad tap-to-click, by any chance? Like Martin/Merle
said, if I move the cursor every time before clicking, the problem
doesn't happen (although focus is still stuck in the previous space,
which also sucks), and if I turn on tap-to-click then tapping seems to
move the cursor before it clicks at least sometimes. If you tap
sloppily it might always move the cursor first, which would prevent
you from seeing the problem.

As for the cmd-tab vs. Expose issue, I barely use Expose, and instead
use cmd-tab constantly, so for my usage that's a major regression over
2.1.x with no real benefit. So I would just stay on 2.1.4 on my main
machine until that gets fixed, I guess. (This is somewhat alleviated
by the awesome focus-on-new-window functionality, but I still need cmd-
tab.) But I understand why you'd lean toward breaking cmd-tab if it
makes the code cleaner.

Will