[Xquartz-dev] Re: 2.2.0.1 regression, open-apple tab

Viv Kendon V.Kendon at leeds.ac.uk
Sat Apr 19 15:35:02 PDT 2008

FWIW, this also happens with Tiger's X11 on intel (MB Air)
installed on Leopard running fullscreen.  A half-second flip
back to the Apple desktop then back to full screen X.  It
eats keystrokes: if I'm typing when it happens, I'll lose 3
or 4 characters.  And it leaves the ffm focus confused until
the mouse/pointer is moved and X11 realises it is actually
back inside one of its windows.

I know you aren't going to fix Tiger's X11, but I thought it
might help with tracking it down to know it shares the same
behaviour.  This grabbing focus stuff is the single most
annoying thing for me about the Apple environment.  XDarwin
(the slightly later xorg equivalent of Tiger's X11) doesn't
exhibit it BTW, the only thing I've found that will take
focus from full screen XDarwin is cmd-shift-Q to trigger
logout, which kicks in once the 60 secs delay is up (with a
window asking if you want to quit XDarwin to proceed with
logout).

-- Viv