[Xquartz-dev] 2.3.0 not playing well with spaces hot-key combination (locking control key)

Jeremy Huddleston jeremyhu at apple.com
Sun Aug 3 16:44:46 PDT 2008

Ok, so I had some time today and wanted to actually try reproducing
this, but I can't for the life of me get this to trigger.  Can you
please be as specific as possible in the following:

1) What are your spaces preferences?  Do you have "when switching to
an application, switch to a space with open windows for that
application" enabled?

2) Do you have X11 running in the "other" space (ie, the one you
switched to, then away from)?

3) Can you reproduce this with no running applications in the "other"
space?  (so when you switch there, you're just in Finder)

4) When you release the ctrl-arrow key (or ctrl-number key), can you
hold it down for about 2 seconds after going to the space, then
release the ctrl, then wait a second, then release the arrow.  I want
to see if there's some kind of race and you're "faster" than I am or
something...

5) Can you tell me what the X11 Preferences Input menu options are?

Thanks,
Jeremy